Sunday, July 25, 2010

Late Summer Swiss Round 2 Austin Chess Club

Played my second round game tonight and recorded my second loss in this 4 round Swiss. Very frustrating game that I need to analyze as I felt pretty good about it as I was playing but toward the middle of the game realized that it was a lost game unless my opponent blundered. I ended up 2 pawns down and struggling to hold the center against a connected pawn pair.

Need to put some time in studying and practicing before next week's game. Still very rusty in my move choices and calculations. I'm probably also still too fast on my moves as I had ample time on my clock tonight. But time doesn't help when you're bleeding off pawns.

Nevertheless, it was an enjoyable evening and better than sitting around surfing the internet or watching TV. Also, used the Chronos clock tonight and it is a very nice time piece.

No comments: